Tuesday 30 July 2013

18 years is not long enough...

This last little while... she has shifted sharply into focus for me...
it's her last year in high school...
the Matric Farewell excitement is building...
looming ever larger... University on the horizon...
turning 18...and arrival of 'the Boy'...
 :)

Started me thinking...
as she stands on the very edge of childhood...
about to cross the stream...
it has been 'baby steps' that has brought us this far...
along the meandering path that we have traveled as...
a mother and her daughter...
this journey...hers and mine... has had all the expected joys and sorrows....
 and then taken a few unexpected turns too...
we have lived...learned and loved and grown together and each woman in her own right too...

18 years is not long enough to tell her how much she has come to mean to my heart...
not with all the written words in all the books in all of the world are there those perfect words...
not even 18 years of 'expressions of love' can truly convey the depth and breadth of my feelings for her...

 i will naturally keep trying...

the truth i'll tell every time ...

This post is in it's own small way going to reveal some of the big i feel... for her......because u see...
i WILL use all of my words... all of your words... and their words too...
because...
When i love...i LOVE...



This year you have shown me just how BIG your brave is...
remember to help others find their brave too...


                                          

Dance :)



You are one of a kind...remember that <3





Post Script
I will speak words of love, light and truth into her life ... always...



XXX
C










2 comments:

  1. This makes me cry.
    There really aren't enough words, are there? I certainly can't describe how I feel about my girl. And she is only three. Yet I feel like we are soul mates or something. Such an indescribable feeling. And I can't imagine a day when she moves away. Immediately puts a lump in my throat to think about.

    My girl and I love the song Brave too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kat :) there is that old bitter-sweet feeling again hey...we [us moms] r kinda haunted by it are we not :)

      Delete