Monday 26 May 2014

After being away...

Hello and welcome :)

Recently we have gone back to church...
After being away...[away from church not God] for a very long time...
And it feels like coming home to be honest...

On Sunday morning I asked Bianca-Leigh my 18 year old to go watch over my 7 year old at 'kids church'
Bradley was tearful at having to go... and I understand him...newness has always pulled this out of  him...
He needs time, love and tenderness to settle...

So she understand him and she understands me too...she knows that i am not really used to feeling torn where my children are concerned...I mean 'it' has come up...that one time...lol...no more than once but not usually...so an unselfish daughter stood in for me...wouldn't be the first time either nor the last...i am sure :)
Bianca-Leigh has always been a second mom to Bradley.

And the men in my life and i walked together through the church doors...
found a spot and relaxed into the worship...feeling happy and contented...

As we sat and listened and stood and sang...I was momentarily aware of the 'short me' standing between these two tall ones...
these two... who are so different from each other but somehow still the same... not cut from the same cloth...no...but still a type of strong durable fabric...well with them on either side i felt small and feminine...
protected...and cherished...and strong and vital and locked in and ... alive. 

And when we sat down comfortable in our seats...and my elbows touched both of theirs...
these men next to me...one young and one not that young anymore...my bodyguards...i smile as i write this line...for it is not really so [and of course at the same time it is really so too...]... i felt grateful ...

Sitting in God's house elbow to elbow...with these people i care SO deeply for...my people...my tribe...

And my heart rejoiced and i gave thanks...
thanks for a husband SUCH. AS. THIS.
thanks for children who listen to me...
and go where i go...


And
 I KNOW...
God will do the rest...








  

No comments:

Post a Comment