Tuesday 7 July 2015

The House Still Sleeps...

The house still sleeps...
It's early as i write this...

I've been awake for a long while...I lay in bed... praying on this cold winters morning...
The man i share this bed with has left for work...poor him!

Beside me now lies my Bradley...

This is a rare thing these days...
It's funny how things that were the norm have now become....not.

I talk to him in a hushed tone...telling him to stay... and sleep some more...

That's when it begins to happen...the magic starts...

I can hear the early birds out in the garden..i wonder what they say...
I hear Monday morning traffic's hum...

I watch for these curtains to loose their cloak of darkness...
I'll watch this room become... all lit up with first light today...

But more than that...oh so much more than that...

I am aware of this warm little boy body curled up against me...

He is dozing on and off...
We speak a few words when his eyes open.

He tells me he'll get up early tomorrow morning to spend some time with his daddy...sweet thing!
Another time he whispers that i must stay awake... but that he can sleep...and i smile...
He turns away from me and his knee bumps my breast and i don't even mind...
He has lovely hair i think...but right now it's not smooth and shiny like it will be later today...
His nose is a little stuffy too...i can hear him breathing as he sleeps...
and my mothers heart files that tiny fact away too...
Then... he must be dreaming...he laughs softly in his sleep...moves and wakes...
I ask .... and he tells me...


The onesie he is wearing for the second winter in a row, will be too small next time around.

This ever growing child of mine...

I try to take it all in... every precious detail of this sacred morning.
The thoughts i'm having are in a blog post form...
and i know i'll write a little something today...that's how it is for me...unpredictable...heartfelt!

I can now feel the pull of my camera too...
I want to get up and out into the cold to fetch it...but i resist for a while longer...
because i know that the moment i do that... is the exact moment the spell breaks... 
 I just want to linger here a little longer...and i do.


I really need to capture this moment though...
it's. a. good. moment. 


I am fully present...
feeling everything...
wanting to write it down...
and take a photo...

This moment must be important to me hey :)























No comments:

Post a Comment