Thursday 24 January 2013

Journey



Just Write



And the starting-gates are open!
It's the start of a brand-new year...we are freshly back from what was for the 5 of us a stunning holiday :)
the new school term has begun...being a lot contrary... i am prone to suffering from empty-nest syndrome ...
[yes i know it's a touch early... so can u imagine my dread of the real deal...aka, kids leaving home YIKES] let's rather not go there...
I do the school-run...70km in total every school-day...sometimes more [when the need arises]  
I signed up for it...that's one of the reasons i am a stay-at-home-mom...
I WANT to be there for them...
I have been asked how i have been able to do it for the last 11 years without fail...
I knew from the get-go that it wouldn't always be easy-peasy... i accept that...[note i write in present tense]
 it was simply... a commitment...
 In truth i see our time in my car as a golden opportunity to really connect with my kids as we zoom from here to there and back again...
A good connection is paramount to me...!
what is the point otherwise...!?
why bother to become a parent if u don't have that...it's unthinkable to my mind...
My brood and i have had MANY an important conversations in my at one time blue, silver, essen, green...and currently charcoal chariot  :) i've been asked [and answered proof of my metal i might add] many an earth-shaking, ground-breaking, jaw-dropping...
momentarily conversation stopping questions...
 in my time...in my car...
and that's why i do it...
for me...for them...
who knew...!?


 Anyway back to the other day... 
as i made my lonely journey down a quite deserted street that took me away...
it happened again...
i had one of those moments...[dripping with regret...]
the kind that had me wishing i had my camera on me...
there in that 'not so pretty' suburb ...
 with it's longer grasses and  rundown houses with  fences that sure have seen better days...
i came across a carpet of  tangerine flowers [newly fallen slightly bruised... not yet crushed...]
lying gently bathed in morning... glowing... there on the black as pitch tar... they were an oddly delightful sight...and i was once again prompted to take that photo with my minds-eye...or run the risk of letting the moment pass me by....un-noticed... NEVER !
I do not ever want to be THAT person...
too busy...too harassed...or even worse...
just couldn't care less... numb...

1 comment:

  1. Love it. Love it. Love it! And I agree with all of it. :)
    Fabulous post!

    ReplyDelete