Tuesday 26 February 2013

Monday Motivation...


Dragonfly Life Lessons



Pretty hey...
I was sitting on the 'stoep'  aka veranda...deck...
my 'eye' traveled over the still waters [of the pool] then in the shallows...
 movement...something was DROWNING...
and...
 FIGHTING...
I jumped up to help... clumsily fishing it out with my teaspoon...
the dragonfly was EXHAUSTED... and rather wet...
and i wondered if i had got there in time...
The photographer in me kicked in...and i ran into the house like a mad thing :)
 to fetch my camera...
[yes my family do think i am delightfully strange - are we not all so..?.]
Poor thing was still there when i got back...
and i could take a few shots [plenty actually]
This was a rare opportunity to do so...have u ever tried to capture 'one' in glorious flight...
not easy is all i have for u.... 


a closer look...revealed...

 Upon getting a closer look at her i noticed her one wing had the tip torn off...
and i understood how it is that she fell into the water in the first place...
i now held very little hope for her RECOVERY...
As i was loosing faith...
Suddenly she was...
 READY TO TRY AGAIN

and with a flash and flutter of her wings ...
off she went...

I had no way of 'telling' her i didn't fancy her chances...
and she didn't 'tell' herself that either...

We all get 'torn' in this thing we call life...
we 'over-think' things sometimes... and listen to the 'noise' of others...
bringing on the doubt...
when all we really need to do is...

REST & RECOVER...LEARN something...and
JUST TRY AGAIN
:)


No comments:

Post a Comment