Friday 21 June 2013

Half-asleep-sleep...

Last night....well no actually it was this morning 3am-ish...
I was wide awake...Bradley had called out for me...and i had gone to settle him...
After a quick check that all was well with the rest of the household ... my still warm bed welcomed me back...

The house was dark and quiet as the night...
cold too...but i was not...
 I waited for sleep to come and claim me...
to tug at me... and gently pull me under...
it. did. not.

So i did what i usually do at times like this...

i talk to God...

I talked a lot... 

And I was no closer to sleep...

Then a funny thing happened...
and it's not the first time either...
I started to write my next blog... in my mind...
word for word...
and it was a good one :)

Two or three ideas for new posts came rolling through my mind like mist...

In time i became annoyed...
there i was lying...
the edge of morning almost visible... 
that place where the light pushes back against the dark...
and whispers 'It's my turn now...'

 my brain just wouldn't switch off...

I must have eventually drifted off...
but it was the type of slumber that is incomplete...
impossibly light...almost only half asleep sleep...
...pretend sleep...

not the deep peaceful oblivion of earlier...
before Bradley ...needed me...
and i went to him...

<3   

No comments:

Post a Comment