Friday 21 June 2013

'Who we really are...'

Today was a good day...no a GREAT day in my life...
Today i was paid...

 THE GREATEST COMPLIMENT...

EVER

by my... almost 15 year old son...my loving boy with green eyes like mine...
who worries too much...and thinks too much...
a 'deep soul' of a boy.


Unexpectedly...
 out of his own mouth... these words...

'I would say...'

he pauses to find the right words and i love it when he does this...

my reaction is usually one of focused attention...
i have developed a sixth-sense when talking with my kids...and at moments like this...

I. hang. on. every. word...

everything else just... stops...

But not today...
today...
i am unfocused... 

until he finished his sentence that is...

'I would say...u have preserved us...to be the most true to who we really are...'

At his words... my heart sings...joy for blood in my veins...


The 'us' he means are himself and his sister...
and he is referring to being taught... the rights and wrongs of  life...
when all the 'world' wants... is to corrupt them...
  to choose to do...
 right OVER wrong...
With
 'Who we really are...'
he means
the child God created...

If it is as he says...
and
i have PRESERVED them...
my MOST precious blessings...

the ones that i...

pray for...
think of...
worry about...
look after...
listen to...
talk to...
feel proud of...
have empathy for...
spend time with...
reprimand...
caution...
teach...
scold...
cherish...
enjoy...
help...
hug...
touch...

then i have

 done.
 my.
job.
well...!

...and the Lord must have smiled...







  

No comments:

Post a Comment