Thursday 13 November 2014

I will stand by you...

The sun is warm on my bare shoulders...
The clouds are coming in...but not quite here yet...
The wind is playing with my untamed curls...

Bradley is done with his swim...
He is ice cold to my warm...
I wrap his towel around him...

I have music in my ears...
We stand where the waters are deepest...


He leans into me...
I feel the wetness soak through the faded Barney towel and then against my skin too...
Not for ANYTHING in this world would i break contact...not even if i was wearing silk...

We stand like this and he talks of dragonflies...
My warm hands are on the rounds of his shoulders...cool and smooth...
My legs are cold and rater wet now...
I answer him...
 and listen to the words of the song...

The words of the song are stirring up my emotions...
Rooting me to this spot and in this moment...



"You're not alone...
I will stand by you...
I will help you through...
When you've done all you can do...
and you can't cope...
I will dry your eyes...
I will fight your fight...
I will hold you tight and I won't let go..."




Small arm outstretched... he offers up his palm to the shiny yellow dragonfly...
I know that his invitation will be ignored by the beauty flitting and flying... from here to over there...
But actually it comes quite close...
Only about his grade 2 rulers length from resting....

Together we stand...still hugging...watching and waiting...
while mother nature and mother-love weave us tightly together...








Post Script
Rascal Flatts sings 'I won't let go...'


  


No comments:

Post a Comment