Monday 8 April 2013

'Let the record show...'

Hello...my name is Charmaine and i am a Blogger :)

It seems to me that ALL bloggers post at some point in their journey... the truth...
DO NOT MISUNDERSTAND ME...
all my posts are truthful...and i am sure so are all of theirs...

But it's...
 the. truth. in. isolation.
the truth of... 'that moment'...
 or more accurately...'that feeling'...
that we are choosing to paint-out on the bare canvas of our 'new post'...
some...
more beautifully eloquent...
colourful brushstrokes more sure...
than others...[than me...than mine...]

 So here it is plain and simple...no fancy words needed...
and... 'let the record show'...

My life is not perfect...
no ones is...!

Quite the contrary actually...it's FULL of 'moments' and 'feelings'...  
that i do not enjoy... do not savor... am not proud of...
WISH-AWAY-REACTIONS-THOUGHTS-ACTIONS
horrible times...when...
 i let myself down...
 and even more upsettingly...
let 'my most loved-ones'...  down :(

This blog was born....
 because i struggle deeply with the fact that my child-bearing years...
the WONDER YEARS... are over.......
 Warning - about to be a little dramatic here now...so brace yourself...
For me it's like a poison in my blood...a poison with... no. where. to. go.
at one point i felt like it would surly destroy me....

Ok - about to get a little sidetracked here...
then 3 things happened...i got my camera and fell in love...
at the same time... i got my laptop...that fast became my sidekick :)
And lastly i discovered blogging and bloggers... 

Following other peoples blogs... i am NOT made to feel...inferior... 
I FEEL INSPIRED...UNDERSTOOD...MOVED...TOUCHED...
but mostly it's great fun...to have a window into their world...
people who MAGICALLY put into words...
 'my take'
 on this topsy-turvy thing we call life...
more beautifully than i EVER could...
or
 who teach me...
 something lovely...something precious...
or
show me...
something...marked... 'fragile'...
or
remind me of something i have forgotten about myself...
lying dusty in a dark corner...something important...
'they' shine their light for me to 'see'...

And so... one by one... 'we' tell 'our' truth...
why...
because it's the right thing to do...!
God expects it...!
because 'we' are all 'works of art... in progress'
God's masterpieces...being sculpted by His very hands...

Using our talents...as He instructs us to do...

Discovering ourselves through photos and words...mine and theirs...
as we try to throw light into 'our' shadows...
and together...
 we make the 'light' more...
 and the 'shadows' become less...
for ourselves and for others...





6 comments:

  1. "One by one... we tell our truth." Amen, sister. And I LOVE the image of throwing light into one another's shadows. What a beautiful way to think about blogging and sharing and community!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi :) thanks Britney... appreciate your visit and kind words :)

      Delete
  2. Hello! I am nearby in South Texas. Nice to "meet" you. I love your lyrical style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello :) and thanks for your comment and the compliment :) i am sorry to say we r not 'neighbors' as i live in sunny South Africa... but i am pleased to 'meet' u too ! please visit again :)

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful and TRUTHFUL post. :)
    I imagine I will be in your shoes as my kids get older. I'm already mourning the fact that I will never have another baby. Alas, there HAS to be a last baby sometime, right? ;)
    So glad you found blogging and it has been such a positive experience for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kat :) always happy to 'hear' from u ! Thanks for leaving a comment...i am still thinking of your family going through such a tough time...stay well :)

      Delete