Friday 24 May 2013

How this blog got it's name :)

Hey All :)

One of the things i enjoy most about bloggers are the wonderful names they go with for their blogs...
for example here are a few that i follow...
Seeking Sanity
Raising Humans
The Lovely Words...
Bare Tribe
 A Soft and Gentle Voice
Living the Dream
Toddler Summer
Hollywood Housewife

and my personal favorite name for a blog...
the one i WISH i had thought of...

Inking My Heart...
i assume as in ... 'writing' my heart...which is what i do...
simply beautiful :)

Not sure i'll ever get to read the stories behind these names...
but feel free to do a post on it if u like :)

This is my blog-name-story...


For a while i just had GotMyShot...my photo challenge blog...
and i really did and still do enjoy it :)

Somehow or another i came to know about personal blogs...
and as i was going through a tough time at that stage...
[Bradley's last few weeks in Nursery school and all....]

I decided to start my own...because i just had to find an outlet for my feelings...
and it works...

As i have grown older i have realized that when someone or something...
REALLY upsets me...
 makes me sad...
angry...
unhappy...
i absolutely have to...
 'get it out'...

out of my heart...
out of my blood...
out of my head...
out of my mouth...

to have any kind of peace...

if i am unable to take this action for whatever reason...
i can't seem to let go of 'it'...that which is causing me grief...
or the 'grief' itself...
it kinda swirls around in my blood like a poison...
becoming more and more concentrated...
poisoning me...
if it's a person...my self protection mechanism is to distance myself emotionally...

sorry but that's the truth...
how much distance is depends on...
 how much u mean to me...
or
just how much u have hurt me...

It's not an action i take under this roof however...
here...
 in these walls...
walls that hold and shelter all that we r as a family...
walls that have been silent witness to our successes as a family...
and our failures...
 i speak my mind...loud and clear...
and u had better listen to my mind...
I ALSO LISTEN
and learn...
i want u to 'talk back'...
my children have never been...
of the
'seen and... not heard'
variety :)
i do not believe in that !
my children have always had a voice...theirs !

Have u ever noticed ... i ramble...get off topic...
lol

 I am not the most creative woman on the face of this earth :)
and so i turned to music for inspiration...
i often do...

I can remember being very 'taken' with this song at the time...
for various reasons...
I felt it somehow told the story of my blossoming love-affair...
with my camera...
with pausing precious moments in time...forever...
with the thrill of getting my best shot of...whatever... i was shooting that day...that week...
photography made me feel happy and alive at a sad time...
it saved me...gave my life new meaning...

it became a bridge i used to cross over troubled waters...
from...
 one side of the riverbank...being able to have another baby...
to
 the other side...not being able to...

How much i love my camera took me by surprise...
the power of it...
even now...i just can't seem to help myself...
sometimes i'm just lazy or busy...
and something will catch my eye...
and that's me done...
i'll drop everything and run for my camera :)

I named my blog after this verse in this song...

"I threw a wish in the well...
Don't ask me ... i'll never tell...
I looked to you as it fell...
and now you're...
IN MY WAY..."

Carly Rae Jepsen's
Call Me Maybe






Because no matter what...
my love for photography... is just something i can't get around
it's...
 in my way...
on my path...
everywhere i look...
it will not...
 be ignored...

and i wouldn't have it any other way :)











  

No comments:

Post a Comment