Wednesday 8 May 2013

A Mess and a Miracle...

Mother's Day is very special to me, I am ALL ABOUT being a mom :)
It's my life's work...i dreamed it. i chose it. i live it. i love it...!
If you were to ask me to describe the world of mothering...
the motherHOOD in 2 words i would have to say...

Bitter-Sweet

Sums it up perfectly...don't you think...?!

God knew that there would have to be enough 'sweet' to get a mama through the 'bitter'
and so there is....!

Mothers are...
 nurturing.fearless.warriors.
amazingly.beautifully.human.
 awesome.strong.weak.
encouragers.discouragers.
firm.yielding.
bendable.breakable.
love indestructible.
harsh.gentle.cross.forgiving.
humble.
.imperfect.perfect.
all rolled into one...
A MESS and A MIRACLE
all at once...


Mother's Day...?
  it's a day meant to celebrate me...as a mother...
no
 for me - it's a day... I AM CELEBRATING
being a mother :)


My Mother's Day Prayer
Thank You Lord for blessing... ME... with this bitter-SWEET journey of motherhood...
I pray that You will always find me to be worthy of it...
Knowing that You are there every... baby-step...teenage-step...all-grown-up-step...
of this journey...theirs and mine...
for they belonged to You Heavenly Father long before they were entrusted into my care...
amen
Soli Deo gloria
[glory to God alone]

And now as I once again see Mother's Day on the horizon of my life...
i'll celebrate,
 be grateful,
give thanks,
savor it,
 not waste a single moment...

For time with my 'brood' is fleeting...
like sands through the hourglass...
'it' slips through my greedy fingers...
'it' will.not.wait. for this mommy...
and
i. will. not.  be left behind...
so...
all that's left to do...is go with the flow...
i am the 'sand surfer' of the hourglass...
They call me Mommy






*photo courtesy of Google


No comments:

Post a Comment