Monday 27 May 2013

If this is Autumn...

If this is late Autumn...I can deal :)
WHAT a stunningly glorious day today was...
A golden slice of Summer if you ask me :)




The weather has cooled...
We can't help but notice...
The coolness of mornings...
The chill of the night...
They have begun to tell her story...

Today we had a braai [BBQ]
I went outside dressed to meet Autumn face to face...
and found Summer lingering in her place...

I sat where i always sit...
and soon i was too hot...

One by one ...
we all disappeared...
only to reappear...
 cooler...lighter...
free...

It's  funny really...
there we were...

All feet...
some bare...
some in socks...
All legs...
long...
medium...
short...
bare...
the prickly ones...
hers and mine...
Longs on top...
shorts on bottoms...


I did not run for my camera this time...
lol

I walked...

Because taking a photo...
that's a must :)


How delicious it feels to have bare legs...
after weeks of longs...day and night...
to feel the breeze brushing past...
a caress...
and the sun's warmth...
 a hug...
the ones i love near...

I sat where i always sit...
my spot...


Bradley full of life...
came and went...
and sat by me...
and talked to me...
like we were all alone...

I took a moment...
to breathe in deeply the sunshine of the day...
to soak it up...
every last drop...
and felt it light up the dark in me...

I was called back to the here and now...
Bradley standing in front of me...
a blur of...
moving...
speaking...
asking...
saying...


"Mommy, concentrate on me...
concentrate on me... Mommy"


I glanced his way...
my eyes
 took him in...
my heart did too...

A cute kid...6 years old still...
a real little boy...
i love his hair...
so shiny and smooth...
 chocolate brown eyes...
framed by long lashes...
the cutest little nose...
his flushed cheeks...
[since yesterday he is learning to ride his bike...
 without the training wheels...
giving it yet another bash...
and winning this time...]




I do not really hear what it is he want me to tell me...
i just pull him into me...
his skin is warm under my hands...
his t-shirt is off [again]
a sun-warmed little boy...
the best kind :)
he does not resit my embrace...
i place several quick loud kisses in his neck...
we hug...fleetingly...

And off he goes again...
SO much to do...





"Watch me Mommy...look here...did you see...?"   




xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment