Wednesday 30 October 2013

Gods timing is perfect...a true story...

I want to share something pretty amazing...I will try unpack the events neatly for u...
while we r Christians we don't attend church...we sit together as a family of 5 and watch Angus Buchan in his Grass Roots Sunday morning program...and we r blessed...
we talk about the message and i will usually point out something to the kids that i feel is important...
Well that is what we were doing a while back...
then life happened...

Recently the Holy Spirit has been pricking my conscience...
reminding me...
encouraging me...
cheering me on...

and then a couple of things happened...only a few days apart...
and bit by bit my mind was blown...

thing no 1
i recalled seeing that an episode of Grass Roots was recorded at some stage...
and i wanted to see if we had already watched it...so i could delete it if we had...
we had not...
so i kept it...to watch at a time we overslept and missed the show...
then i forgot about it...

thing no 2
someone i happen to trust in these matters posted something on FaceBook
i had a little read... and watched the 'clip'...essentially warning folks about "Prosperity Preachers"
two things struck me as interesting... one) that for as long as we 'live' we must guard against wolves dressed in sheep's clothing....alarming...for me ?...yes...
two) that in these 'tough economic times'...when the worry over money matters is never far off...
we are to be happy with our lot...that if we have food and clothes...we must be content...

I shared this 'clip' with my teens...over their lunchtime meal...and we chatted for a while too... i also showed it to Edwin that same night after supper...and again we talked...

It had clearly struck a cord in me...but one thing was bothering me...A LOT 
if people who knew their Bibles better than i [for i have heard these preachers names mentioned and praised and seen their book to be bought in the stores]...had been 'fooled' by the "prosperity preachers"...how would little old me...see 'them' for what they are...i mean here we r thinking about searching for a church...how would i know...this question along with 'was Uncle Angus teaching my family the right thing...?' burned continuously in my mind and i felt disconcerted...and fearful...a little at a loss...a little lost...

For me...this is just too important to get wrong...!


thing no 3
Sunday morning we overslept...
and over that first cup of coffee in our 'Parlor' we sat talking ...
and feeling bad that we had missed 'church' again... so... we gathered together to watch that episode that i knew was waiting for us un-watched on the PVR decoder ...


and
I
was
blown
away

by that message...

that one random episode...

recorded in April...

watched in October...

God answered EVER SINGLE QUESTION i was asking...
God knew i would need to have those answers...months before...i had even formed those questions...
and amazingly that episode had 'survived' regular checks by one or another of us... for things recorded to be deleted to make space for new recordings...

God's timing once again proved to be absolutely perfectly spot-on...

I kid you not...
I have no reason to...

This is how my God speaks directly into my life and circumstances...
revealing Himself to me and mine... as a God who is near not distant...
a God who not only listens but hears me... and shows me the way...

I am so grateful that my teens got to experience this situation first hand...
it just doesn't get better than this :)

Thank You Lord
 Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment