Thursday 17 October 2013

VENI. VIDI. CEPI. i came. i saw. i captured.

In my time... i have taken hundreds of photos...
and when i look over them...
 some shots get no more than a warm glance as a fleeting memory flashes through me...

and then...
 there are THOSE perfect moments captured ... that totally grab hold of me...
ALL OF ME :)

These are some of those...
the ones that i linger over...
that take me back...
they make me smile as i recall...
bringing happiness bubbling up to the surface...
 these are the shots that i LOVE


This shot of Bradley is one of my ALL TIME favorites...ever...
I was shooting for a photo challenge at the time... i think it was 'Yellow'...
and Bradley is always willing to 'help' me...
I don't really know what it is about this photo that i adore so...
could be the magic of the sunlight making the ball come alive like that
and the way the sun touches his outline and makes his ears transparent :)
may be the red heart on his chest symbolic of our love...
or the way he throws himself in to all he does with such joy...
could just be the kid in the frame :)
could be any one of those things
 or all of them !  

XXX



The next series of photo happened in January this year...
when we were at my best loved place on earth...the sea...
with my best loved people in the world...

magic moments can happen on any given day... absolutely anywhere...
all u need is your camera :) and those moments will be yours FOREVER...
untouched by the passage of time...perfectly preserved from forgetting...
that is what i love about taking photos of them...

because...
this all means too much to me...
i don't want to forget a single moment of this love-story...
i don't want to forget for a single moment... loving them...
and how that love... looked...
anywhere...everywhere...all the time !


We had just arrived at our hotel after a six hour car trip [give or take]
and we don't waste time...so off we went in search of the fun on the beach...
because being able to only see the sea is just not good enough :)

sights. sounds. textures. smells. salt on your lips.
it's the only way...

Naturally eager and hungry for photos...
i surrendered to my passion...
Much later that night...
 i was thrilled when i looked over the days photos...oh the story they tell me...!
they do say 'a picture speaks a thousand words...'
there... on the coarse wet sand... 
with the endless roar of the waves in his ears...
 and the sea's sticky wind blowing... 
the images spoke louder than any words ever could :)
this is what i captured...




how big the ocean is...he seemed to say...
or maybe 'just look at ALL this !' 
and i wonder if he felt small...


 i am ready...bring it on...


in this moment i am...
 free...
i will...
spend time...
 in the wild sweetness of this moment...
i will play...


i will celebrate


i will cheer
for this exact moment in time will never be mine again and i have given it my all...

XXX 


In the next few photos...i was playing around with shooting in black and white...
and so i pointed my camera and squeezed...
This delightfully spontaneous sequence of events was what i captured... 

I titled these shots...
'A boy and his Cat... need to be watched very closely...'
:) 


just watching tv
and then...


an idea...
what will happen if...


i blow in her ear...
oh ok... 
she doesn't like it...


 she looks ok  :)


XXX



I plan to share more of my favorite...
...photo-stories...



*VENI. VIDI. CEPI.
I came. I saw. I Captured.
is a photography quote

not mine... but i like it :)
if u know who said it...please post it in the comments...thanks C









No comments:

Post a Comment