Thursday 30 January 2014

silhouette

morning came too soon today...
i lay there on our bed ignoring it...my mind and body reluctant to face the dawn...
we sleep with one curtain half open... to let the light in...
i turned towards the window...lifting my head just a little...
i tried to see through sleep drugged eyes what the sky held written on the canvas of this day...
and it was grayness i saw splashed there...

just then my cat jumped up to lie in the spot where his feet had been only moments before...
she curled up to nap until with a careless but gentle flick he shakes the wrinkles out of the duvet...
and i was taken with how her darker than real time silhouette looked against the morning waiting behind the lace....
the mood of it...the feel of it...calm and drama in equal measure...
 and so too there was noise in the stillness of that image...
 and i would have fetched my camera...i longed to go...
but i knew she would follow me...
out of the room... down the passage and into the day...
and the moment would be gone...
the spell broken...

so i just lay there a moment longer... fully awake now...
looking at the way the curtain billowed into the room...
feeling the cool air play across my bare legs...
and i took the photo with my mind's eye instead...






No comments:

Post a Comment